Home » BRIDGE TO THE FUTURE – TEEN SERVICES
All young people need love, support, guidance and opportunities to learn, grow and succeed. We can no longer rely on struggling schools and other traditional resources to help youth achieve healthy, productive, and fulfilling futures – we must provide more. First and foremost, they need safety, and then they need magnetic, positive alternatives to the all-too-many obstacles and destructive choices available to them.
- Internships, which offer paid employment experiences for members age 15 and older at the Center, promoting vocational and professional skills that will serve them for a lifetime
- Teen Adventures, which captures the attention of teens by engaging them in social learning opportunities like cultural field trips, fitness training classes, and more
- LIFE Mentoring Lead. Influence. Foster. Empower. takes our on-site work with youth to a whole new level by establishing matches with caring, responsible adults throughout Rotterdam, and supporting off-site opportunities for young people and their matches to interact with the broader community and the world
- GirlPower is a rites of passage program for girls who are transitioning into womanhood. Each week they meet with two or more of our female staff in a sisterhood circle to share openly and support each other; they learn values, etiquette and grooming; they hear inspirational speakers; meet professional women and visit their workplaces; and they take field trips and engage in volunteer initiatives.
- Journey is a rites of passage program for boys that are transitioning into manhood. Each week they meet with two or more of our male staff in a brotherhood circle to share openly and support each other; they learn values and talk about what “being a man” really means; they hear inspirational speakers; meet professional men and visit their workplaces; and they take field trips and engage in volunteer initiatives.
We raise the bar. On educational achievement, with mentoring, life skills development, career and college guidance counseling, and scholarships. Bridge to the Future helps teens transition successfully into adulthood, realize their academic potential, acquire training and experience to compete in a tough job market and, for juvenile offenders and dropouts, find a way to re-enter and engage as the authors of their lives growing into young adults who can contribute to their community and futures.
YOU CAN GET INVOLVED AS A VOLUNTEER, GUEST SPEAKER, OR MENTOR!